July 14, 2022
It’s safe to assume that most people understand the importance of having their teeth examined on a regular basis, though many continue to put it off until something becomes uncomfortable or unsightly. One of the most important things to remember about dental checkups, is that a person’s dental health is often a strong indicator of their overall health. Having a six-month dental exam isn’t just a smart way to protect a healthy smile; it can also help ensure that the rest of you is functioning as it should be.
At Pittsford Family Dental, we’re constantly striving to help our patients better understand the importance of having their teeth and gums examined regularly. Here are just a few of the many reasons to stay proactive when it comes to scheduling your regular dental checkups:
- New and minor dental problems can quickly manifest to serious ones
- An effective way to help prevent cavities, tooth decay, plaque, and tartar
- Allows your dentist to identify early signs of gum disease and oral problems
- Helps provide an up-to-date assessment of a person’s dental health status
- Provides ongoing education on the best ways to care for your teeth and gums
- Allows for the examination of existing fillings, crowns, caps, and implants
Caring for your teeth is a lifelong process that offers a wide range of benefits in return. If it’s been a while since your last routine cleaning and exam, or if you would like to know more about what’s involved in our examination process, get in touch with the staff at Pittsford Family Dental and we’ll be happy to answer any questions you may have or help you schedule an appointment over the phone.
Pittsford Family Dental is located in Pittsford, NY at 3592 Monroe Avenue and proudly serves patients of all ages throughout the Rochester and Western NY area. Give us a call today at 585-248-5250 or email our staff anytime through our website’s contact page.