January 9, 2023
With the popularity of dental implants on the rise, not to mention the many advances that have been made to help restore more natural-looking smiles, more and more patients are considering implants as an alternative to bridges and other common procedures. If you’re new to the concept of dental implants, we would encourage you to read more about the process on our website. Once you have a better understanding of what’s involved and how implants can help, you’ll need to decide who to contact to perform the procedure. And this is where things can be a bit confusing to some.
While the process is becoming more common, it’s still important to work with a dentist who has vast experience, ample training, and the credentials required to ensure your safety and results that are long-lasting. Here are a few things to keep in mind if you’re considering dental implants, and how to go about the process of finding a provider you can trust:
- Dental implant procedures are traditionally performed by an Implantologist
- This area of dentistry requires very specialized training and Board Certification
- There are a wide range of implant options available to replace missing teeth
- Choose a dentist who has proven experience in the field of dental implants
- Pittsford Family Dental has a Board-Certified Implantologist on premises
- Always familiarize yourself in advance with the procedure and healing process
One of the most important considerations to be mindful of is whether or not dental implants are a viable option based on your unique situation. Choosing a dentist who’s committed to open communication is essential, as having implants is an important decision that will affect you for many years. If you’re in the Rochester, NY or Pittsford area and considering implants, we invite you to get in touch with our staff to learn more or schedule a consultation.
Pittsford Family Dental is located at 3592 Monroe Avenue in Pittsford, and proudly serves the needs of patients in Pittsford, Rochester, and the greater Western NY area. We can be reached by phone at 585-248-5250 during regular office hours, or write to us anytime by filling out the short contact form on our secure, confidential website.