September 1, 2022
One of the most commonly-voiced concerns about going to the dentist is having to endure pain or discomfort during treatment. No big surprise there, right? For many, the anxiety is rooted in a negative experience that happened earlier in life. For others, it’s just an absolutely normal fear of pain, certain sounds, the uncertainty of what to expect, and other aspects associated with dental procedures. Fortunately, the science of oral sedation has made impressive strides throughout the years, allowing patients to have far more confidence when treatment is needed.
At Pittsford Family Dental, we utilize the industry’s most effective oral sedation techniques to help our patients feel completely comfortable. Here’s a brief overview of the various sedation options we provide to our patients, and a few reasons why more families and individuals throughout Rochester and Monroe County continue to trust our compassion and expertise:
- Nitrous oxide, a breathable analgesic/sedative for more serious procedures
- Oral sedation, can be delivered in either pill form or liquid for rapid absorption
- IV Conscious Sedation, administered by specially-trained, licensed professionals
- Regional anesthesia, or a dental blocker shot to numb the mouth’s alveolar nerve
- We work closely with each patient to determine the safest, most effective sedation
- Dr. Vella and his expert staff are highly-experienced in all forms of oral sedation
If there’s one thing that prevents people from receiving the dental treatments they need, the fear of pain consistently ranks among the top concerns. Pittsford Family Dental goes to great lengths to put these fears to rest by providing sedation that’s safe, effective, and ideal for the specific type of procedure being performed. Contact us today to learn more about sedation, explore your options, or schedule an appointment at our Pittsford, NY office.
Pittsford Family is located at 3592 Monroe Avenue in Pittsford, and proudly serves the needs of patients in Rochester and throughout the Western NY area. We can be reached by phone at 585-248-5250 or via email by visiting our website’s contact page.